Anastasia now has less time to draw due to her full-time job and has moved on to some bigger projects. We wish you all the best! A new illustrator will be announced soon.
I know it's early but I am just too excited not to share! As many of you know, book 7 will be released early next year. Freckles the Bunny Series books is taking a new turn and trying something new. I have mentioned before that book 7 will be about manners and that the characters will be dressed for the first time ever, in outfits rather then their usual worn items. Here are a few things that you may not have known:
1. The story will start off as a story being read in the classroom by their teacher.
2. The children envision themselves within the story.
3. The book will be done in a comic book style for part of the story.
4. This book will partly be comic book style.
5. The number of pages in the book is yet to be determined but it may be larger then the others or at least the same size as the Christmas book.
6. We are estimating the book size to be 8 x 10 (Christmas book size) and priced at $11.50. This is subject to change.
7. The book is entitled, "Freckles the Bunny Series, Book # 7: Freckles and the Big Book of Manners."
8. There is a good chance that there will be another manners book at a future date.
9. The book has involved some research so that it is written with a proper time period so it doesn't look or sound weird or wrong.
10. This is the first Freckles book that will need a glossary at the end of the book.
11. The usual craft activity, "Behind the Story," and "Fun Facts" will be at the back of the book.
12. The book may not be for sensitive tummies. There will be a bit of grossness to some of it but this is part of the learning.
13. I am not sure if we will be fitting in a rescue animal or two. That is always the plan but I am not sure where yet in the book considering the small sections of book.
So what are the pros and cons of doing the book this way:
Here is a sample page to show you. This is just a template of what we will do and please keep in mind that the manuscript is still a draft. The yellow writing depicts the basics of the picture but doesn't describe all that you will see (which is in the manuscript). It is just a sample.
I hope you enjoyed the sneak peak today and I hope you are looking forward to the book as much as Anastasia and I are to making it!
Well things are slowly starting to move along. Anastasia is back from her honeymoon and sending in book pages which look awesome! We have also had two rescues that will be participating in this book. Meet Jabberwocky & Yolanda. We hope we can help them find wonderful homes! I have been listening to updates on Jabberwocky's status as he went through eye surgery a while back. I was very happy to hear that it was a success! This is a wonderful rescue that goes all out for these animals. Right now all Createspace sales of any book I have written has $1/book going towards this rescue.
I am also currently working on an anti-bullying reading for the schools. This will become available once book 6 is out. I haven't had much chance to get one together and I am now sick but I should have it up and ready for the release date (or very soon after). I would also like to mention that I will visit libraries free in these areas providing they are during after school hours or the weekend and I can set up other locations around you to make it a day trip. If your school is not in the area and funding for a small transportation fee is not possible, please contact me anyways and we will see what we can do.
Lastly, we are looking at doing a story hour with milk and cookies to those that can come and attend. The location would be around where we are situated and reservations would be required as there would be limited spacing. The books are for children kindergarten and up. The story and visit is near an hour, so it may be difficult for some children to sit still in a small room. A parent will be required to be present.
I am slowly changing around the website a bit to update it to the new changes on weebly. I am still in the middle of taking care of our home so I am afraid I don't have time to adjust every page right away. Some of the pages have a photo which comes with the design. I will be slowly removing these but again, slowly.
Book 6's Cover
Here is what you all have been waiting for, the new book cover for the bullying book which has been set to release for the fall. A video trailer and book preview will come at a later date when I have a little time. We are already taking orders for this book. If you are buying a signed copy, I recommend buying early as this book is already generating a lot of interest.
Hello everyone! I hope you are all enjoying your summer. I am sure many of you remember that we had a house fire last year in June. Well things are finally moving on the house but I am afraid it is going to take up much of our time this summer. August also has Anastasia quite busy with her upcoming marriage (congratulations from all of us!). We have decided to postpone book 6 until the fall sometime. We will try to get a cover up soon and you can still pre-order. We should have a better idea on a date further into August. Thank you all for your understanding! I am also afraid that I have had little time to continue on with Sherlock's book. He is looking to be around that time or early winter. I will keep you all posted!
Another late find! :( Seems they were not all posting!
Sherlock Book Update and Problems
We had some issues with pages being missing in the book. It is currently unavailable for purchase. Unfortunately, so are my copies until new ones come in. You can still pre-order though! I am now having troubles with Createspaces upload system which apparently doesn't like the series title inside the first page cover. This is being worked out and it will all hopefully be online soon. I will be sure to let you know! I will be sure to update you on the status though they've told me it could be a few business days.
Sherlock Contest Winner
The contest date has come to a close! The winner of a free copy of Sherlock's book is found on Sherlock's Facebook fan page. Congratulations! I will be sending you out a signed copy as soon as I get the new ones in.
I am currently working on putting together some Sherlock merchandise so keep an eye out on the website and his fan page!
Rescues and the Books
Lastly, we are pleased to have the help of some rescues that are willing to share their knowledge with me for researching the next Sherlock book. A special thanks goes out to:
Majestic Waterfowl Sanctuary and Berkshire Reptile Rescue!
A Message from Sherlock
FRECKLES THE BUNNY SERIES NEWS:
Freckles the Bunny Series and Rescues
Freckles the Bunny Series is about to place two of Majestic Waterfowl Sanctuary's adoptables into the next book! This idea is courtesy of Anastasia Drogaitseva, my wonderful illustrator!
Freckles and the Cost of Popularity
We have already begun to work on book 5. Inside will be a few rescue animals as well as some people's pets (Pets in Books). This book will show you where Sherlock works and will lead us into book 6 (though you don't need 5 to read book 6). Stay tuned for a preview which will be out within a month.
We are very excited this year! New and exciting things have been happening here! Why?
1. We are constantly improving the books, new topics and learning so much along the way!
2. This year, we will be helping some rescue groups by placing their adoptable pets in our stories as background characters.
3. We have a new series out which is getting a lot of attention. Be sure to check out Sherlock the Remarkable Cat Series' website and Facebook fan page.
4. We are on a roll for winning awards for reviews (every book has earned a 5 star!) and now we have the opportunity to win "2014 Best Book Cover Contest."
This is just a small portion of what is going on! In the meantime, we need you to vote! You can vote daily or every 2 days (the system is a bit picky). The link is below and we have the following books entered:
1. Freckles the Bunny Series, Book # 4: Freckles and the True Meaning of Christmas
2. Freckles the Bunny Series, Book # 5: Freckles and the Cost of Popularity
3. Sherlock the Remarkable Cat Series, Book # 1: Sherlock, the Cat Who Couldn't Meow
You can vote for all 3 books and here is how:
1. Follow the link and find the books.
2. It is the star rating system, 1 star being poor and 5 stars being awesome!
3. Click on the star to rate it and you can vote for other books too, not just one.
Don't forget to check out the video preview on the Previews page. We had the trailer for book 5 out earlier but we now have a preview online too!
Pre-Order Books 5 & 6 Now!
Pre-Order Freckles the Bunny Series, Book # 5: Freckles and the Cost of Popularity - $10.00 CAD + S&H.
Written by Vickianne Caswell. Illustrated by Anastasia Drogaitseva.
Freckles has always been a good little bunny that was taught to be nice and caring towards others. The opportunity to be popular arises and Freckles soon finds herself choosing popularity over friends. Two classes get to go on a field trip to the local bakery where Boots' brother Sherlock works. Freckles has been told that Boots' family is not cool and weird. Freckles and her new friends are soon laughing at the bakery owner and Boots' family, costing Freckles her old friends. Join Freckles as she learns that being different is alright and that being popular doesn't mean you have to be mean, in another funny adventure. Guest appearances by Sherlock, a popular real animal and Purrsia, a character that will have your child looking to see what is stuck in her fur, in every illustration.
30 color illustrations. 8 x 10 size.
ISBN 10: 1495326675
ISBN 13: 978-1495326677 MORALS/LESSONS LEARNED:
* Peer pressure.
* Do what is right and not what others tell you.
* Being popular is not always as good as it seems.
* Treat others the way you want to be treated.
* It is not nice to laugh or make fun of others' misfortunes.
Pre-Order Freckles the Bunny Series, Book # 6: The Freckle Monster (Coming June 2014!) - $11.50 CAD + S&H.
Written by Vickianne Caswell & Erika-Elizabeth Caswell. Illustrated by Anastasia Drogaitseva.
Freckles is sure she is going to win the anti-bullying poster contest. Freckles is very disappointed when she learns Stew wins and with the help of the snobby weasel girls, she begins to show Stew how mad and jealous she is. Can Freckles turn things around and fix the hurt feelings she has caused by bullying or will the Freckle Monster keep controlling her? Meanwhile, Freckles' lies has caused a lot of other fighting. Lying, name calling, hitting and much more happens between the classmates and someone gets hurt. Will the children remember why they drew these posters or will they remain bullies themselves?
Est. 32 color illustrations and a poster. More may be added at a later date.
ISBN 10: 1497514231
ISBN 13: 978-1497514232 MORALS/LESSONS LEARNED:
* Hitting is wrong.
* It is not nice to be jealous of others.
* Consequences of actions.
* Don't run at the pool.
* Jealousy can lead to bad things.
* How to treat friends.
* How to overcome jealousy and anger.
* Bullying is wrong and the different forms (except cyber bullying) of bullying.
* Revenge is wrong and leads to bad things
Option 1: Four $10 Books Package Deal
Choose 4 $10 books and only pay $50 (S&H already included)!
Option 2: One $11.40 Book & three $10 Books Package Deal
Choose 1 $11.50 book and 3 $10 books while paying $52 (S&H already included)!
Unless you list the book numbers (companion, etc.), you will receive books 1 - 4 only!
Other deals, specials, etc. can not be combined with this. This includes the pdf for the SPCA.
All books will be shipped out at once. If you are pre-ordering, you will have to wait for all of your books to come in so that we can ship them together.
Please view book titles above for est. release dates on all pre-orders.
We hope you have a purrfect Valentine's Day!
Just a small bit of Freckles news that we wish to share:
We are pleased to announce two more organizations joining us with the new Freckles book. We hope to help them find their animals loving homes! You can find the following in Freckles the Bunny Series, Book # 5: Freckles and the Cost of Popularity:
Be sure to keep an eye out on Freckles' website because we will slowly be adding illustrated characters for these animals!http://www.freckles-the-bunny-series.ca/adoptable-animals-and-rescue-links.html You can also find their photos in the Rescue album on our Facebook fan pages! Keep watch as Anastasia creates her wonderful idea!
I mentioned around a week ago that we were very pleased to be working with Majestic Waterfowl Sanctuary on finding homes for their animals. Here is a photo of Rilo and Ranger, two ducks who will be featured in Freckles the Bunny Series, Book # 5: Freckles and the Cost of Popularity.
Rilo and Ranger are not only going to have their photo in this next Freckles book but will be drawn in as well! Anastasia has already done a wonderful job with their cuteness!
Here are some other places that you can find Rilo and Ranger:
1. On our Freckles the Bunny Series website under Pets and Rescues, then under Rescue Links.
2. Pinterest (Freckles and Sherlock's accounts)
3. In the album entitled, "Rescue Animals in Books" in each of the fan pages.
Vickianne Caswell, author
Freckles the Bunny Series
Sherlock the Remarkable Cat Series
4. Click on the photo to go directly to their adoption page!
We hope these two handsome ducks find forever homes together!
A special thanks to Majestic Waterfowl for going over some of our ducky facts and for providing us with some information for Sherlock's next book! Also be sure to check out their website for useful waterfowl information including books!
Lastly, I am going to be slowly cutting out the info I am putting out on both pages. If you aren't a fan of Sherlock's fan page, you will begin to miss out on his updates and vice versa. Each page has it's own fan base, series, website and fan page. Please be sure to check them out as I don't want to bombard everyone with posts by doing both on each site/fan page. Thanks!
Copyright © 2012 - 2016 by Vickianne Caswell
All Rights Reserved.
Website Designed by 4 Paws Games and Publishing