1. The story will start off as a story being read in the classroom by their teacher.
2. The children envision themselves within the story.
3. The book will be done in a comic book style for part of the story.
4. This book will partly be comic book style.
5. The number of pages in the book is yet to be determined but it may be larger then the others or at least the same size as the Christmas book.
6. We are estimating the book size to be 8 x 10 (Christmas book size) and priced at $11.50. This is subject to change.
7. The book is entitled, "Freckles the Bunny Series, Book # 7: Freckles and the Big Book of Manners."
8. There is a good chance that there will be another manners book at a future date.
9. The book has involved some research so that it is written with a proper time period so it doesn't look or sound weird or wrong.
10. This is the first Freckles book that will need a glossary at the end of the book.
11. The usual craft activity, "Behind the Story," and "Fun Facts" will be at the back of the book.
12. The book may not be for sensitive tummies. There will be a bit of grossness to some of it but this is part of the learning.
13. I am not sure if we will be fitting in a rescue animal or two. That is always the plan but I am not sure where yet in the book considering the small sections of book.
So what are the pros and cons of doing the book this way:
1. The book is written and illustrated as Freckles' books are meant to be and are enjoyed without having to limit ourselves (children learn from the pictures just as much as the written story).
2. Comic book style enables us to show the wrong way and right way of doing things without having to combine it into one picture. The lesson of each page may not be fully understood as the scene won't have the wrong doing, results of the wrong doing or positive teaching and results. This just won't work on one page alone.
3. The story will be formatted in comic book style meaning that it will have splits on the page for different scenes as well as some speech bubbles, etc.
4. There will still be writing on every page and scene (as read by Mrs. O'Hare), for young readers so there is no worry about it only being speech bubbles, etc.
5. Kids love princesses and princes. Now is their chance to see Freckles and her friends in clothing.
1. There will be less details in the backgrounds and background as we will be focusing more on the characters and what they are doing.
2. If you don't like comics or their format, you may not like this book.
3. You may not like some of the scenes which do involve such things as nose picking, snot, etc.